Carnival Cruise Line’s newest ship, Carnival Horizon, has successfully completed its final sea trials earlier this week in the Adriatic Sea. Currently in the final stages of construction at Fincantieri shipyard in Italy, the 3,974-guest ship had a full team of officers, technicians, and engineers onboard who thoroughly tested Horizon‘s technical, mechanical, and navigation systems.
Meet Carnival Horizon
As the newest vessel in the fleet, Carnival Horizon will offer a variety of innovations, include the first Dr. Seuss WaterWorks aqua park, a new teppanyaki dining venue, and Guy Fieri’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse Brewhouse (complimentary at lunch), offering four different kinds of craft beer brewed onboard. The ship will also have some features that have been favorites aboard Carnival’s current flagship, Carnival Vista. These include an IMAX Theatre, the cycling attraction in the sky, SkyRide, Havana staterooms and Cuban-themed bar and pool, and Family Harbor accommodations with a private lounge.
Carnival Horizon is set to debut on April 2, 2018 with a 13-day Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona – the first of four round-trip voyages from that port. The ship will then reposition to the US with a 14-day transatlantic crossing from Barcelona to New York May 9-23, 2018.
Read More: Carnival Horizon Deck Plans
Following the ship’s summer schedule of four-day Bermuda and eight-day Caribbean departures from New York, Horizon will move to Miami and kick off year-round six and eight-day cruises to the Caribbean beginning on September 22. It will also offer a special two-day cruise to Nassau from Miami September 20-22, 2018.
What’s Next for Carnival Horizon?
Following sea trials, Carnival Horizon will be outfitted with interior and exterior finishings before bringing crew onboard to prepare for guests in the spring. This is Carnival Cruise Line’s first new cruise ship since May 2016 with the debut of Carnival Vista.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Addresses Ship-Selling Rumors
- Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
- 21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of August 2, 2020
- Mediterranean Cruises Resume From Italy On August 15
- Disney Cancels More Sailings, Axes Halloween on the High Seas
- In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
- Fresh Air HVAC System Could Make Cruise Ships Safer
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
CRUISE NEWS18 hours ago
Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line