With Carnival Magic now home-ported in the gulf city of Galveston, the island will see more passengers than before and direct spending that’ll bring a positive surge to the local economy.
Carnival Magic is expected to carry over 150,000-passengers through Galveston over the next 52-weeks, the ship will cruise alternating 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings.
Carnival expects to carry more than 450,000 passengers through Texas annually, up 28% from the previous year. According to a study by the CLIA (Cruise Line International Association) in 2010, the cruise industry brings $1.1 billion in direct spending and creates 16,457 jobs, bring Texans $828 million in income.
Carnival Magic joins Carnival Triumph who recently just launched year-round four and five night cruises from Galveston.
Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas launches seasonal cruises from the port of Galveston later this month.
- Cruise Line Thanks Authorities Who Brought Home Stranded Guests
- Sick Cruise Ship Gets Approval to Dock in Florida
- Cruise Podcast: Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas 2020 + News
- How to Make Fruit Loop Crusted French Toast
- Carnival Sunrise Virtual Cruise Day 2, Fun Day At Sea
- Carnival Cancels Additional Sailings, Including Alaska and Europe
- Cancellations, Compensation and Refund Policies by Cruise Line
- Viking Launches Mississippi River Cruises
- Carnival Sunrise Virtual Cruise To Nowhere, Day 1
- How to Use a Future Cruise Credit