Carnival Magic just underwent a massive renovation at a dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas, adding three new bars and two dining venues.
- Guy’s Burger Joint: a venue designed in partnership with celebrity chef Guy Fieri, serving free of charge hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries poolside.
- BlueIguana Cantina, a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
- RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside bar offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar: a fun and festive outdoor watering hole offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool.
- Pizzeria del Capitano: an expansion of the line’s Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian eatery offering five varieties of hand-tossed artisanal-style pizza, all available free of charge 24 hours a day.
- Alchemy Bar: a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” that’s the go-to spot for guests seeking a unique experience with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients or guests’ own custom-created cocktails
Carnival Magic is homeported in Galveston, Texas through April 10, then she’ll reposition to Port Canaveral, Florida for year-round Caribbean service.
Photo: Flickr/Michael Sellick