Carnival Magic is currently undergoing a multi-million dollar dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas to receive some long-awaited enhancements.
The two-week dry dock will take place from Feb. 21 to March 6, 2016, and will add:
- Guy’s Burger Joint: a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries
- RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside bar offering Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar: a fun and festive outdoor watering hole offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool
- Pizzeria del Capitano: an expansion of the line’s Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian eatery offering five varieties of hand-tossed artisanal-style pizza, all available free of charge 24 hours a day
- Alchemy Bar: a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” that’s the go-to spot for guests seeking a unique experience with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients or guests’ own custom-created cocktails
Once Carnival Magic surfaces from dry dock she’ll continue to sail from Galveston until mid April, before repositioning to Port Canaveral to launch Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises.