Ask anyone who cruises and loves to stay social and they’ll say staying connected at sea is extremely expensive. Enter Carnival’s new app and internet program.
Carnival Cruise Line has launched a new free mobile app that provides vacationers aboard Carnival Breeze with a variety of useful information to maximize the fun on their next Carnival cruise. The app includes an innovative “chat” feature that allows guests to exchange messages with their traveling companions using their mobile devices throughout the voyage for a low flat fee of $5 for the entire cruise.
The line is also piloting enhanced Internet access aboard Carnival Freedom, Carnival Breeze and Carnival Sunshine that dramatically increases bandwidth and speed and also includes a first-ever social media package providing unlimited access to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and other popular sites for a fee of just $5 per day or $25 per voyage during the testing period.
New Mobile Smartphone App Pilot on Carnival Breeze
Currently being piloted on Carnival Breeze, the new free Carnival Hub app is designed to provide guests with a convenient, at-a-glance view of the ship’s many shipboard facilities and features along with updates on events and happenings taking place on board.
Also available is a “chat” feature where guests can communicate with anyone on board from their mobile devices. The price for the chat feature, which includes a group chat option, is $5 per voyage during the testing period.
The app also includes:
- A day-by-day schedule of hundreds of on-board events, from nightly show times at the Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez and Playlist Production shows to movies and sporting events on the big screen at Seaside Theatre and Seuss at Sea events
- A “favorites” feature that allows guests to see what events and activities their sailing companions are participating in
- Information on casual dining options such as Guy’s Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina and The Taste Bar, along with details on the RedFrog Pub and other popular watering holes
- Searchable deck plans with key areas highlighted, providing a comprehensive layout of the ship’s various on-board offerings
- Itinerary details, including current ship time and arrival/departure times for upcoming port calls
- Real-time information on guests’ current Sail & Sign shipboard account balance
The app is currently available for the Carnival Breeze for iPhone and Android. It’s expected to roll out in the next 18 to 24 months.
See all the screenshots of this new app on our Cruise Radio Facebook Page.
Have you subscribed to Cruise Radio yet? Subscribe to us on iTunes and Stitcher Radio Network.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption