(UPDATED 1:45PM) If it’s not Tropical Storm Isaac shutting down the port of Tampa and diverting ships, it’s the Republican National Convention (RNC). Carnival Cruise Lines issued a statement on their website to all passengers that are sailing on Carnival Paradise on Thursday, August 30, asking them to arrive early and give themselves plenty of time.
Carnival’s stated, “Given traffic restrictions planned for this week, check-in for your cruise is now scheduled from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM and we will sail shortly thereafter. It is essential you allow ample time to arrive at the terminal early enough to ensure you are not left behind.”
Carnival also urges passengers to complete online check-in prior to arrival to expedite the boarding process.
Carnival Paradise will now only visit Cozumel and skip Grand Cayman (tender operation), spending three days at sea, instead of the scheduled two.
A map indicating road closures is available at www.tampagov.net/rnc.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- 2022 State of the Cruise Industry Outlook Report Released
- Cruise News Today — January 28, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises