Carnival Cruise Line’s ship Carnival Sensation arrived in Mobile, Alabama this morning — marking the first time the vessel has been to the gulf port.
Spectators lined up on the waterfront at Cooper Riverside Park to greet her — a welcome sight to a city that hasn’t seen a cruise ship arrive in two months.
“I’m sure I speak for everyone on board when I say It was quite emotional seeing all the people who came out to welcome us today. Mobile certainly misses cruising – and we miss our guests, too!” said Carnival Sensation Captain Giuseppe Strano. “It’s great to see how excited our guests are for the return of cruising. We can’t wait to start sailing again.”
Fans had a chance to get a firsthand look at what promises to be an exciting new vacation option from Mobile, as Carnival Sensation offers a large variety of cabins and onboard venues like Bonsai Sushi Express, Cherry on Top sweet shop, the line’s extremely popular pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar, and Guy Fieri’s poolside venue Guy’s Burger Joint.
After her arrival into port, crew members had the opportunity to be vaccinated in the cruise terminal by representatives of USA Health — a local medical center.
The crew were also able to enjoy a special treat from a local restaurant — gumbo from Mobile’s legendary seafood restaurant, Wintzell’s Oyster House. The lunch was delivered right to the ship, a delicious meal to welcome a new ship to the city’s cruise port.
Carnival Cruise Line’s president Christine Duffy commented on the occasion, saying “We appreciate the support of Mobile officials in our efforts to vaccinate Carnival Sensation crew members. We value the partnership of the port and city of Mobile and look forward to resuming sailing from the Alabama Cruise Terminal as soon as we can.”
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mardi Gras Behind The Scenes: How Carnival’s First LNG Ship Fuels Up