Carnival Cruise Line’s ship Carnival Sensation arrived in Mobile, Alabama this morning — marking the first time the vessel has been to the gulf port.
Spectators lined up on the waterfront at Cooper Riverside Park to greet her — a welcome sight to a city that hasn’t seen a cruise ship arrive in two months.
“I’m sure I speak for everyone on board when I say It was quite emotional seeing all the people who came out to welcome us today. Mobile certainly misses cruising – and we miss our guests, too!” said Carnival Sensation Captain Giuseppe Strano. “It’s great to see how excited our guests are for the return of cruising. We can’t wait to start sailing again.”
Fans had a chance to get a firsthand look at what promises to be an exciting new vacation option from Mobile, as Carnival Sensation offers a large variety of cabins and onboard venues like Bonsai Sushi Express, Cherry on Top sweet shop, the line’s extremely popular pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar, and Guy Fieri’s poolside venue Guy’s Burger Joint.
After her arrival into port, crew members had the opportunity to be vaccinated in the cruise terminal by representatives of USA Health — a local medical center.
The crew were also able to enjoy a special treat from a local restaurant — gumbo from Mobile’s legendary seafood restaurant, Wintzell’s Oyster House. The lunch was delivered right to the ship, a delicious meal to welcome a new ship to the city’s cruise port.
Carnival Cruise Line’s president Christine Duffy commented on the occasion, saying “We appreciate the support of Mobile officials in our efforts to vaccinate Carnival Sensation crew members. We value the partnership of the port and city of Mobile and look forward to resuming sailing from the Alabama Cruise Terminal as soon as we can.”
- The Cruise Line-approved At-home COVID Test: We Tried It
- Carnival Corp. Shows Optimism Despite Massive Q3 Loss
- Cruise Ship Headed Back to Florida After New Orleans Charter
- Cruise News Today — September 24, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean CEO Says Focus is on 2022 & Beyond
- Scenic Eclipse to Resume Voyages in Antarctica in January
- Cruise News Today — September 23, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Delta Variant Slows Near-Term Bookings As Cruisers Hesitate
- Carnival Victory Officially Renamed Carnival Radiance
- Royal Caribbean Group Set to Build New Cruise Terminal in Italy
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Pulled From China, Will Now Sail in Mediterranean
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Half of Carnival’s U.S. Cruise Ship Fleet Back in Service
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Final Episode of EMBARK Web Series
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean Announces Protocols For Remainder of October