Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Carnival Sensation has emerged from a two-week multi-million dollar dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas, where she underwent enhancements and additions. This is the third Carnival ship to be refurbished this year, with Dream and Ecstasy receiving new spaces too.
In addition to routine cosmetic enhancements and hotel maintenance like new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work, and lighting, the following was added to the ship:
- Guy’s Burger Joint – a complimentary poolside venue developed with Guy Fieri, serving hand-crafted burgers, fresh fries, and featuring an extensive toppings bar
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar – a festive outdoor bar with a laid-back Mexican atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers
- BlueIguana Cantina – a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery with freshly-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as a large toppings and salsa bar
- RedFrog Rum Bar – a poolside bar with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red
- Alchemy Bar – a “cocktail pharmacy”-themed lounge with mixologists who “prescribe” conceptions with creative monikers like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop
- Cherry on Top – a sweet store that features bins of bulk candy, fun gifts, custom clothing, and more
- Camp Ocean – replacing Camp Carnival, Camp Ocean is a colorful marine-inspired play area for kids 2 to 11 that features fun and engaging interiors and over 200 ocean-themed activities
Carnival started adding these enhancements to Fantasy-class ships in 2016. Carnival Sensation currently operates four-day cruises that visit Nassau, Half Moon Cay or Princess Cays or Cozumel, and Key West, and five-day cruises calling in Grand Turk, Nassau, Half Moon Cay or Grand Turk, and Amber Cove.