Several cars were damaged and more than a few people given a scare when the Carnival Pride crashed into the passenger disembarkation walkway Sunday morning in Baltimore, Maryland.
How It Happened!
According to the local ABC news affiliate, the ship was returning from its run to the Bahamas when it smashed into the elevated walkway. The walkway tumbled to the ground, where it smashed three port-owned vehicles that were parked along the pier. No injuries were reported. Although an investigation was underway, Carnival said the ship – which suffered minor damage to a mooring deck platform – would sail Sunday afternoon as scheduled.
Carnival spokesperson Jennifer De La Cruz told the Baltimore Sun that passengers – both those leaving the ship and those boarding for the next sailing – would use a pier-level gangway normally used by the crew.
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]