Carnival Sunshine has plenty of places to get a refreshing ice-cold concoction. Whether it’s one of Carnival’s signature Thirsty Frog Red draft beers or a rum sampler, it’s all out there.
My sail and sign card has gotten the chance to experience a lot of the venues throughout the past week. Some of them I’ve been a repeat customer, others not so much. It’s a matter of taste and atmosphere, because every venue has its own personality.
Here are some of the best ones:
1. Red Frog Pub
Hands down, this is my favorite because of the Caribbean vibe. You can get different rums, beers and specialty drinks here. It doesn’t just stop with the drinks either; live acoustic music, games and conversation will have you closing this bar down.
2. EA Sports Bar
Being baseball season, this place is the spot. Jumbo HD TV screens line the bar, there’s a 24-hour sports ticker, EA games, light snacks, pretzels, and cold beer. This bar connects to the casino and is along the shops on Deck 5, so you’ll find two entrances.
3. Alchemy Bar
This concept is pretty neat. A backlit menu with quite possibly some of the freshest drinks at sea. I fell in love with the Cucumber Sunrise. You can order from the menu here or create your own concoction on a prescription pad and the mixologist does the rest.
4. The Library Bar
I’ve spent a lot of time in the bar this week recording Cruise Radio. The wine vending machines are a big hit for book readers, guests of our show, and guests just stumbling in. There’s also a full service bar here but the novelty is the enomatic wine vending machines.
5. Havana Bar
This is a great place to eat your lunch if it’s too packed. In the middle of Jiji’s Asian Restaurant and Cucuina del Capitano, this venue is located Aft Deck 9 and has a variety of Cuban coffees, Italian coffees, Cuban drinks, and sodas. A lot of the drinks here are made with fresh lime juice, sugars and sodas.
We shared the top bars with you, but we didn’t begin to cover all of the onboard venues, including RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Serenity Bar, Sunshine Atrium Bar, and more. But one thing they all have in common – every single venue is unique and has its own personality.
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises