To mark Carnival Sunshine‘s first official call in Portland, Maine, a reception was held to celebrate, of course!
It included a traditional maritime plaque exchange between the ship’s officers and port officials. Appropriately, port officials also brought several lobsters to the occasion, which were then expertly prepared for the team as part of a special dinner that evening.
The ship was visiting Portland as part of a seven-day fall foliage cruise that departed New York City on September 10. The 3,006 passenger Sunshine will sail through October there, and then reposition to Port Canaveral to operate Caribbean cruises for winter.
photos: Carnival Cruise Line
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia
- Cruise News Today — January 14, 2022 [VIDEO]