The City that Never Sleeps will get a dose of Sunshine next summer as Carnival Cruise Line announced today that the newly renovated Fun Ship Carnival Sunshine will offer a series of cruises from the Big Apple, starting June 2016.
Aside from NYC, Carnival Sunshine will also offer cruises from Norfolk, VA and Charleston, SC before returning to her homeport of Port Canaveral (Central Florida).
New York itineraries include:
- Two-day cruises departing June 18 and Oct. 8, 2016
- Four-day cruises to Saint John departing June 30 and July 28, 2016
- Five-day sailings to Saint John and Halifax departing June 20 and 25 and Oct. 10, 2016
- Seven-day Canada/New England cruises to Boston, Portland, Saint John and Halifax departing Sept. 3, 10, 17 and 24 and Oct. 15, 2016
- Seven-day Bermuda cruise featuring a three-day stay in King’s Wharf departing Oct. 1
- Eight-day Exotic eastern Caribbean voyages to San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk departing July 4 and 20 and Aug. 17, 2016
- Eight-day Exotic eastern Caribbean voyages to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau or Amber Cove (Dominican Republic) departing July 12 and Aug. 1 and 9, 2016
- Nine-day Carnival Journeys voyage departing Aug. 25 and featuring San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Grand Turk
In 2015, Carnival Splendor will operate a series of four- to eight-day voyages from New York to the Caribbean, New England and eastern Canada and two- to seven-day departures from Norfolk to The Bahamas and Bermuda. Carnival Sunshine replaces Carnival Splendor on the line’s departures from New York and Norfolk in 2016. Additional information on the future homeport of Carnival Splendor will be provided in the near future.