The NFL’s Houston Texans have teamed up with the state’s largest cruise operator, Carnival Cruise Line. They are now the team’s official cruise line and will be able to expand their presence in the ever-growing Texas market.
Carnival Breeze will make her debut at her new homeport of Galveston on Mother’s Day, May 8. To celebrate the arrival as well as their new partnership, Carnival and the Houston Texans are hosting the “Mom’s Dash to the Splash” event aboard the ship. The team’s wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and linebacker Brian Cushing will lead two teams of Texan moms in a water slide race for charity. The five-member teams will try to beat each other down the ship’s 312-foot long Twister slide and DrainPipe waterslide. Cushing will be racing for the Brian Cushing Foundation, and Hopkins for the Houston Food Bank. The winning team will earn $10,000 for their charity, and the runner-up $5,000.
To enter, contestants can tell their story in 250 words or less why their mom (or themselves) deserves the opportunity to be a member of either team. Eight women will be selected by a team of judges based on their entry’s originality and creativity. Winners will enjoy an onboard Mother’s Day brunch, and a chance to win a Carnival Breeze cruise for two. The winning team will also receive a MVP Game Day package to an upcoming home game. Entering closes on April 25.
As the official cruise line of the Houston Texans, Carnival has a bunch of unique onboard and ashore experiences lined up for the upcoming year. One of these experiences will be teaming up with the football team on various community service projects. In addition to the Carnival Breeze, which will sail seven-day Caribbean itineraries, Galveston has Carnival Liberty and Freedom doing four to seven-day cruises visiting the Caribbean, Mexico, and the Bahamas.
- Carnival Cruise Line Forced to Cancel Two Horizon Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line’s John Heald on Increased Capacity, Pier-Side Testing, Football and More
- MSC Cruises Christens New Ship in Dubai
- Welcome Back: Another Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 29, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Key West Reopened to Cruise Ships Over Weekend, Restrictions Apply
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras