The NFL’s Houston Texans have teamed up with the state’s largest cruise operator, Carnival Cruise Line. They are now the team’s official cruise line and will be able to expand their presence in the ever-growing Texas market.
Carnival Breeze will make her debut at her new homeport of Galveston on Mother’s Day, May 8. To celebrate the arrival as well as their new partnership, Carnival and the Houston Texans are hosting the “Mom’s Dash to the Splash” event aboard the ship. The team’s wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and linebacker Brian Cushing will lead two teams of Texan moms in a water slide race for charity. The five-member teams will try to beat each other down the ship’s 312-foot long Twister slide and DrainPipe waterslide. Cushing will be racing for the Brian Cushing Foundation, and Hopkins for the Houston Food Bank. The winning team will earn $10,000 for their charity, and the runner-up $5,000.
To enter, contestants can tell their story in 250 words or less why their mom (or themselves) deserves the opportunity to be a member of either team. Eight women will be selected by a team of judges based on their entry’s originality and creativity. Winners will enjoy an onboard Mother’s Day brunch, and a chance to win a Carnival Breeze cruise for two. The winning team will also receive a MVP Game Day package to an upcoming home game. Entering closes on April 25.
As the official cruise line of the Houston Texans, Carnival has a bunch of unique onboard and ashore experiences lined up for the upcoming year. One of these experiences will be teaming up with the football team on various community service projects. In addition to the Carnival Breeze, which will sail seven-day Caribbean itineraries, Galveston has Carnival Liberty and Freedom doing four to seven-day cruises visiting the Caribbean, Mexico, and the Bahamas.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — May 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
- Disney Wish Tour: The Images That Will Leave You Breathless
DESTINATIONS5 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]