On the heel of Norwegian Cruise Line adding up to a $7.95 surcharge to room service on two ships, Carnival Cruise Line has came out with their own model starting on April 12 – charging for certain items ordered from room service.
The fee-based choices include chicken wings, fried shrimp, quesadillas, personal pizzas, sushi (on pilot ships that feature Bonsai sushi restaurants) and more.
- Starting at $4 and up to $7
- a la carte pricing
- Carnival Imagination
- Carnival Conquest
- Carnival Pride
- Based on guest feedback, may be expanded to other ships in the future.
What’s Still Free
A wide range of items are still available at no charge, including seven different hot and cold sandwiches, three salad choices, three desserts and eight beverages, along with a Continental breakfast menu.
What Guests Say
- In all my years of cruising, I have never ordered room service. I don’t get it when the food is free. Certainly not going to get it if I have to pay for it. Just get on the elevator and go up and get all you want. CruiseCritic user donh44
- As long as I can still get coffee, tea and juice and the occasional snack delivered for free, I think it’s fine to charge a fee for specialty items. And, we always tip the staff who delivers our food. CruiseCritic user Bellacruiser2712
What Carnival Says
The expanded room service menu is designed to significantly broaden and upgrade the line’s culinary choices available for in-room delivery. There continues to be a wide range of complimentary choices and these new fee-based options are simply intended to create even greater choice and variety for our guests.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 10, 2021
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos