On the heel of Norwegian Cruise Line adding up to a $7.95 surcharge to room service on two ships, Carnival Cruise Line has came out with their own model starting on April 12 – charging for certain items ordered from room service.
The fee-based choices include chicken wings, fried shrimp, quesadillas, personal pizzas, sushi (on pilot ships that feature Bonsai sushi restaurants) and more.
- Starting at $4 and up to $7
- a la carte pricing
- Carnival Imagination
- Carnival Conquest
- Carnival Pride
- Based on guest feedback, may be expanded to other ships in the future.
What’s Still Free
A wide range of items are still available at no charge, including seven different hot and cold sandwiches, three salad choices, three desserts and eight beverages, along with a Continental breakfast menu.
What Guests Say
- In all my years of cruising, I have never ordered room service. I don’t get it when the food is free. Certainly not going to get it if I have to pay for it. Just get on the elevator and go up and get all you want. CruiseCritic user donh44
- As long as I can still get coffee, tea and juice and the occasional snack delivered for free, I think it’s fine to charge a fee for specialty items. And, we always tip the staff who delivers our food. CruiseCritic user Bellacruiser2712
What Carnival Says
The expanded room service menu is designed to significantly broaden and upgrade the line’s culinary choices available for in-room delivery. There continues to be a wide range of complimentary choices and these new fee-based options are simply intended to create even greater choice and variety for our guests.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL3 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption