Carnival Vista completed another construction milestone over the weekend when she was floated out of dry dock and moved to wet dock. It’s there where she’ll complete her final preparations before sea trials.
Last week Carnival Vista completed her traditional coin ceremony.
- Steel Cutting – COMPLETE
- Keel Laying – COMPLETE
- Dry Dock – COMPLETE
- Coin Ceremony – COMPLETE
- Wet dock – July 2015 – April 2016
- Interior Outfitting – July 2015 – April 2016
- Sea Trials – January 2016
- Crew Arrival – March 2016
- Ship Delivery – April 2016
The 133,500-ton Carnival Vista will offer a variety of one-of-a-kind features, including a suspended cycling experience called SkyRide, the line’s first on-board brewery and the first IMAX Theatre on a cruise ship. Several unique stateroom options, including the new Family Harbor accommodations and the Havana staterooms and suites, will be included as well.
Setting sail in May 2016, the newly christened largest ship in the fleet Carnival Vista also marks a return to Europe for Carnival Cruise Lines after a 3-year absence. Carnival Vista will offer Mediterranean sailings including a first-ever departure from Trieste, Italy.
Carnival Vista is scheduled to enter service from Europe May 1, 2016, then reposition to New York for a series of voyages in November 2016 followed by the launch of year-round Caribbean service from Miami later that month.
You can read more on Carnival Vista here.
Carnival Vista Video
Photos: John Heald Facebook
- Key West Looking To Ban Large Cruise Ships
- Cruise Line Adds Sixth Vessel to Caribbean
- Florida-based Cruise Line Extends Suspension
- Carnival Fantasy Reportedly Sold, Heading to Scrapyard
- Carnival Able To Go “Another Full Year” Without Cruises
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of July 5, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Purchases Remaining Shares Of Cruise Line
- Details On The First Three Carnival Corporation Ships To Sail
- Carnival Corp. Talks Return To Service, 13 Ships Leaving Fleet
- U.S. Port Bans Cruise Ships Through 2020
CRUISE NEWS15 hours ago
Carnival Fantasy Reportedly Sold, Heading to Scrapyard
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Corp. Talks Return To Service, 13 Ships Leaving Fleet
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Details On The First Three Carnival Corporation Ships To Sail
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
U.S. Port Bans Cruise Ships Through 2020