The biggest anticipated ship of the year is currently on her maiden voyage, and we’re sure that everyone can’t wait to step foot on the beautiful vessel. Carnival Vista features an array of new experiences and entertainment options, and they’re sure to keep fun-loving guests busy for days.
Theaters & Live Entertainment
Carnival Vista holds the honor of being called the first ship to have an IMAX theater. It includes a three deck tall screen, and will feature family favorites, documentaries, and the latest Hollywood blockbusters. The 187-seat IMAX theater is part of the Carnival Multiplex, which also holds the Thrill Theater. This theater is a multi-dimensional experience where seats move, viewers are sprayed with water and bubbles, and other sensory experiences occur that make viewers feel like they’re part of the action. A special in the Thrill Theater includes Thrillogy, a multi-sensory horror movie adventure that’s designed for guests 17 and older – so you may not want to go to this one alone!
Additional live entertainment choices include the 385-seat Punchliner Comedy Club, where you can spend time with your kids during the early show, and enjoy more adult humor during the late show. There’s also a fun family-friendly option, Hasbro: The Game Show, featuring life-sized adaptations of iconic Hasbro games.
Playlist Production Shows
Carnival Vista features three new high-tech shows. They include:
- Amor Cubano: A Caribbean Dance Romance – this jump-up-and-dance show blends classic Latin songs with today’s hits. A seven-piece Cuban-inspired band performs songs by Gloria Estefan, Celia Cruz, and others amid a tropical backdrop of Cuba and Miami.
- America Rocks! – a high-energy show featuring rock anthems by artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, Styx, and Kiss. There will be pulsating drums, sizzling guitars, and a horn section, to give the feeling of a classic rock concert. You won’t want to miss this.
- Flick: The Power of Motion Pictures – this celebration of filmmaking will feature songs from popular movies like Footloose, Dirty Dancing, and others. The main character in the show, Flick, takes viewers on a journey through different genres of film with theatrical illusions and cinematic effects.
All three shows feature after-parties in the ship’s atrium, Havana Bar, and other spaces where the guests can have fun and interact with the stars following the show.
Carnival Vista features an all new ride/exercise encourager that’s the first of its kind at sea: SkyRide. Guests can pedal around an elevated 800-foot track in the hanging cycle-like pods, and hit speeds of up to 18 miles per hour. If you’re looking for a bit of a challenge, consider trying out the 270-foot long ropes course.
The ship also features a new inner-tube slide called Kaleid-O-Slide where riders can zip down 455 feet of corkscrew turns with music and kaleidoscopic effects. Carnival Vista also features Carnival’s biggest WaterWorks, the fun water park area that features a tipping bucket, squirters and fountains, and other splashy fun.
Serenity Nights & Deck Parties
At night, the adults-only Serenity area is transformed into a South Beach-type club under the stars. It features lighting effects, and a mix of popular music by one of the cruise line’s professionally-trained DJ’s.
Deck parties are a big deal for Carnival, and the Vista doesn’t disappoint. There’s a ‘Rock-N-Glow 80s Deck Party’ where guests put on day-goo and other attire from the 80s and dance the night away. A new Island Deck Party celebrates the fun of RedFrog and BlueIguana. Early this summer, the Clue murder mystery experience will debut, as well.
Carnival Vista will operate a summer schedule in the Mediterranean through October. After crossing the Atlantic, she will offer a pair of 11-day voyages from New York City in November, before repositioning to Miami for year-round Caribbean sailings.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption