Carnival Corp’s newest cruise pier in the Caribbean, Amber Cove, officially opened this morning, welcoming it’s first ship.
Carnival Victory pulled into Amber Cove with almost 3,000 guests. This new port serves as a gateway to the Puerto Plata region, the newest destination in the Caribbean.
Amber Cove is located on the northern tip of the Dominican Republic and is located 100 miles south of Grand Turk.
Amber Cove’s opening marks the return of regular cruise ship visits to Puerto Plata for the first time in nearly 30 years.
- 40,000 sq ft Welcome Center
- Two berth cruise pier
- 12 acre transportation hub
- Bars and dining
- Port shopping with familiar regional stores
- Bar 360 (offers views of the terminal)
- Waterpark Pool with lazy river
- Cabana rentals
- Kid water play area
- Zip line
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises