The final Solstice-class ship, Celebrity Reflection, is officially underway as the keel of the ship was laid down earlier today at Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. Celebrity Reflection is the fifth and final ship in the Celebrity Cruises’ Solstice-class.
The 500-ton block measuring 66-ft by 118-ft was lifted into the building dock with an 800-ton crane, and commemoratively placed on a collection of coins, consistent with tradition.
Celebrity Reflection is set to hold more than 3,000-passengers and have one more additional deck than the other Solstice-class ships.
This is the tenth ship built for Celebrity Cruises by Meyer Werft, costing an estimated $750-million.
Photo credit: Celebrity Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review