The visual feast that comes to life in the pages of Celebrity Cruises’ new lifestyle book, Excite the Senses, has inspired a new series of food-and-wine-themed cruises that will offer guests a unique, behind-the-scenes experience and a rare opportunity to get to know the Celebrity culinary team through intimate demonstrations, tastings and dinners. Developed and hosted by the talent behind the cruise line’s award-winning culinary program, Celebrity’s “Excite the Senses Culinary Theme Cruises” will kick off on March 24, 2012, on a seven-night sailing headlined by Celebrity’s Master Chef and Vice President of Culinary Operations, the James Beard Foundation Award-nominated Jacques Van Staden.
- March 24 – 7-night Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Eclipse, roundtrip from Miami, Florida, hosted by Van Staden and team; activities will focus on food, wine, mixology, and entertaining at home.
- April 10 – 12-night Caribbean cruise on the brand-new Celebrity Silhouette, roundtrip from Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey, hosted by Celebrity Cruises Traveling Pastry Chef Thierry Houlbert; activities will focus on baking, pastries and sweets.
- May 5 – 8-night wine cruise on Celebrity Century from San Diego, California, to Vancouver, British Columbia, hosted by Celebrity Cruises Senior Traveling Executive Chef W. Thomas Szymanski; activities will build on the popular cruises with an even greater focus on food.
- May 27 – 7-night Bermuda cruise on Celebrity Summit – which will have emerged from an extensive drydock revitalization known as ‘Solsticizing’ several months prior – sailing roundtrip from Cape Liberty and hosted by Celebrity Cruises Traveling Executive Chef Steve van der Merwe; activities will be themed around culinary exploration and Bermuda culinary traditions.
- June 29 – 7-night Alaska cruise on Celebrity Infinity, which has just been “Solsticized,” roundtrip from Seattle and hosted by Celebrity Cruises Director of Culinary Operations John Suley and his wife and Celebrity’s wine expert Chanelle Duarte, who serves as Celebrity’s Beverage Development Consultant. Activities will focus on local ingredients, food and wine pairing and more.
- July 10 – 12-night Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity’s flagship vessel, sailing roundtrip from Barcelona and hosted by Corporate Executive Chef Rufino Rengifo. Activities will celebrate Mediterranean cooking.
- August 12 – 12-night Baltic cruise on Celebrity Constellation, the first of Celebrity’s Millennium Class ships to be Solsticized, sailing roundtrip from Amsterdam and hosted by Lorenzo Davidoiu, Celebrity’s Restaurant Operations Manager, who will focus on easy, modern entertaining tips.
- September 14 – 8-night wine cruise on Celebrity Millennium, which will be Solsticized in May 2012, sailing from Vancouver to San Diego and hosted by Celebrity’s Traveling Restaurant Manager and former star maitre d’ Dominique Gamba, who will focus on specialty cheeses from around the world, the art of tea service, table settings and entertaining tips.
Each cruise will feature an expert from the wine or spirits industry, in addition to Celebrity’s culinary team members. Participating beverage partners, who will offer talks on their products, include representatives from Jack Daniel’s, Jackson Family Wines, St. Francis Vineyards and Marchesi Antinori.
Source: Celebrity Cruises
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]