On Sunday, August 12, Celebrity Cruises fifth Solstice-class ship Celebrity Reflection is set to float out of Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany.
The float out will begin at 7:30am, assisted by tugs, and berthed dockside by 9:30am. Then a crane will put the signal mast in place, which will be installed after the docking. Several tests and trials will take place on board all day. In the evening the two funnels are supposed to be mounted.
Before sea trials can begin, Celebrity Reflection will have to be towed down EMS River into Dollart Bay. Sea-trials are set to begin September 16-18, and then delivered to Celebrity Cruises. The first sailing is from Amsterdam to Barcelona.
The 126,000-ton Celebrity Reflection is 957’ and will carry more than 3,030-guests. She is the only ship among her four sisters that has 16 decks rather than 15, which increases the number of cabins by another 72, and provides more space in the theater and in the restaurants.
Celebrity Reflection will spend the first couple voyages in the Mediterranean, then a 13-nt transatlantic cruise before repositioning to Miami for seven-night Eastern Caribbean sailings.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021