Celebrity Cruises has released their lineup of South America & Panama Canal, Caribbean, and Galápagos Islands cruises for their 2017-2018 season. These exciting cruises are part of their “Go Celebrity!” campaign, which is offering unique firsts for guests, including overnight stays, shore excursions unique to Celebrity, and signature event sailings.
From now until Friday, December 18, Captain’s Club members have early priority access to booking these cruises, and sailings open to the general public on the 18th.
New Cruise Details
- Celebrity Reflection will be sailing 10 and 11-night roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, visiting Antigua, St. Lucia, Aruba, Bonaire, and St. Maarten. There will also be a signature event sailing for Mardi Gras.
- Celebrity Equinox will be doing 7-night eastern and western Caribbean itineraries from Miami, calling in Key West, St. Thomas, Grand Cayman, and more.
- Celebrity Summit and Celebrity Silhouette will continue their popular 7-night sailings, but in addition will sail a series of new 9 to 12-night sailings. They will visit St. Vincent, St. Lucia, Dominica, Grenada, and St. Maarten.
- Celebrity Eclipse will do 14-night voyages roundtrip from Miami, with overnights in either Aruba or Curaçao.
- Every sailing 10-nights or longer will feature an overnight stay, at destinations including St. Maarten, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Barbados, and more.
- Celebrity Summit will undergo a refresh for 2017-2018 that will cost $8 million. It will emerge with the Rooftop Terrace that will feature the new “A Taste of Film” experiences, the Tuscan Grille, and upgrades to the Suite Class.
- Ellen Prager’s Ocean Discoveries – guests will be able to enjoy a new excursion exclusively by Celebrity that’s curated by the cruise line’s Regional Destination Expert, Dr. Ellen Prager, a marine scientist and author. The excursions will provides adventures for exploring marine life and the underwater world.
South America & the Panama Canal
For the 2017-2018 season, Celebrity will offer more sailings than ever before to South America and Antarctica. Another opportunity to sail to the bottom of the world has been added to Celebrity Infinity‘s upcoming season, along with visits to Argentina, Chile, and Brazil. The ship recently had an $8 million refresh, and it now includes the Rooftop Terrace as well as many other changes and improvements. Celebrity will continue their Panama Canal cruises, sailing between the US east and west coasts in 2017-2018.
Celebrity will return to Rio de Janeiro during Carnival, as part of their Signature Event Sailings. Guests will have the opportunity to dress up in elaborate costumes and makeup and dance down the street, watch the samba parade, or take samba lessons during the day and dance all night at the cruise line’s featured party.
Another one of Celebrity’s Regional Destination Experts, Milos Radakovich, a broadcaster and traveler, has teamed up with the cruise line for exclusive shore excursions called “Milos Radakovich’s Wildlife Explorations.” Guests can dive into South American wildlife with trips to see magnificent frigatebirds, penguins, sea lions, dolphins, and other wonders in Ecuador, Uruguay, Argentina, and the Falkland Islands.
The Galápagos Islands
In 2018, Celebrity’s 100-guest ship Celebrity Xpedition will sail to the Galápagos Islands. The sailings will be 7 to 15-nights, and guests will be able to discover species found nowhere else in the world, including Galápagos penguins, flightless cormorants, and marine iguanas. Dr. Prager will play a key role to bringing these islands to life onboard the mega-yacht. In addition to providing her expertise, she has worked with the cruise line to create a team of extremely knowledgeable local naturalists that will be an invaluable source of information for guests.
Celebrity Xpedition recently emerged from a drydock where it underwent a refresh that included new outdoor dining furniture, new carpet, lighting, and chairs in the MDR, a video wall in the main lounge, and the creation of an upscale Xpedition Suite. All stateroom bathrooms underwent renovations, and the staterooms themselves received almost all new furniture. Other ship enhancements include an upgraded AC system and stronger internet connectivity.
Destination Experiences Beginning in 2016
Across Celebrity’s fleet, they have unveiled a new destination program for guests, allowing them to become experts on their destinations before they even arrive. For example, in South America, Milos Radakovich will introduce unique wildlife and geology through enrichment programs on select voyages. The cruise line will kick off its new “Chef’s Market Discoveries” excursions in the Caribbean. Guests will join a ship chef and learn about their destinations cuisine as they visit local shops and markets with the chef to find fresh ingredients for that night’s exclusive dinner onboard. Some of the first ports this will be introduced will be St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Juan, Barbados, St. Lucia, and more.
To celebrate the cruise line’s “Go Celebrity!” campaign, they have launched a “Go Big, Go Better, Go Best!” offer for nearly all 2017-2018 sailings. For information on this offer, visit this article.
For more information on these new sailings, visit celebritycruises.com.