Celebrity Cruises has announced a partnership with interior design icon Nate Berkus, naming him Design Ambassador for the brand’s newest class of ships – Edge.
Berkus will bring his distinctive personality to the launch of Celebrity Edge, hosting a series of Edge Class reveal events with Celebrity’s President Lisa Lutoff-Perlo and the Chairman of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Richard D. Fain. Soon to be revealed to the world, the Edge class will revolutionize the future of cruising, and Celebrity will share the story this coming March.
A pioneer in the industry, Berkus established his interior design firm at 24, which showcases an approachable philosophy that’s transformed countless interiors around the world for over 20 years. His signature style has also been carried through to his product lines, which includes a home and baby collection at Target and a fabric line at Jo-Ann Fabrics.
Berkus commented, “When Celebrity approached me about a potential partnership, I couldn’t wait to get onboard – pun intended. Their commitment to delivering the very best in terms of luxury design, but also their attention to the overall experience, the level of detail and care, really stood out for me. I love the idea that we can travel beautifully, and that every moment of the experience…is exceptional.”
The Edge class is the line’s first new ship class in almost 10 years, succeeding the Solstice class. Celebrity expects delivery of Celebrity Edge in fall 2018, Celebrity Beyond in spring 2020, and the third and fourth ships in fall 2021 and 2022.
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]