Celebrity Cruises has been hard at work lately, putting together a number of new culinary offerings and experiences. They’ve expanded their restaurant portfolio in the last year and a half, and here are some of the exciting changes.
Onboard Culinary Experiences
- Alaska King Crab – guests traveling to Alaska can now enjoy fresh, local Alaska King Crab. It’s available at the Mast Grill daily, and can be paired with Alaska Brewing IPA, Pale Ale, Amber Ale, and White Ale
- Chef’s Market Discoveries – these chef-led culinary excursions are offered in over 40 regions around the world, where guests can experience the local fare on land, and eat culturally inspired dishes onboard
- Concierge Class – guests staying in these exclusive staterooms will have access to a personal concierge, five-star amenities, and a Concierge Class Luncheon at the beginning of each sailing with menus by Cornelius Gallagher. Concierge class guests will also receive fresh fruit and wine upon arrival, and daily delectable delights each afternoon.
New and Reimagined Restaurants
- Sushi on Five is the reimaged Bistro on Five, and features an a la carte menu, crafted by sushi chef Yoshikazu Okada. The menu features hand-rolled sushi, fresh wasabi, house-made soy sauce, and a variety of entrees and starters paired with Asian-inspired cocktails, Japanese beers, and premium sakes.
- Tuscan Grille is the Italian restaurant on the Solstice and Millennium Class ships, and features a new menu by Chef Gallagher. It features homemade pasta, artisanal salumi and cheeses, prime dry-aged steaks, and Celebrity’s own spin on Italian favorites. There are Italian-inspired cocktails, house-made limoncello, and an Italian wine list. The entire fleet will receive the improved Tuscan Grille by the end of this summer.
- The Sky Observation Lounge is aboard Solstice-class ships, and now offers new hand-crafted cocktails prepared by a mixologist that has been trained by the world’s best Flair Bartender, Christian Delpech.
Still to Come…
- Beginning this November, Celebrity will introduce Dine Aware, the only standard for the food and beverage industry that focuses on food allergy and intolerance communication and experiences.
- Ripple Maker, a machine that prints personalized images and photos on cappuccinos and lattes will be introduced to Celebrity soon
- Wine blending classes, called Blendtique will be introduced by the end of this year, and allow guests to blend their own wines to be bottled onboard and customized with unique wine labels. Guests will also be able to mail order their wine to friends and family on land.
- Riedel Glassware will be Celebrity’s exclusive glassware in the main dining rooms fleetwide by the end of 2016.
Travelers aboard Celebrity ships will also be able to continue to enjoy the Rooftop Terrace, the Lawn Club Grill, the modern French cuisine restaurant Murano, and much more.
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings