After 15-years Costa Cruises announced today that ceo Pier Luigi Foschi, 65, will step down from the ceo position of Costa group effective July 1, 2012. Foschi will still service as a chairman and managing director of Costa group and remain on the board of directors of Carnival Corp. & plc. The announcement was part of a long term plan that involved Foshchi retiring at the age of 65.
Michael Thamm, currently serving as president of Germany-based AIDA Cruises, has been appointed CEO of the Costa group, which includes Costa Cruises and AIDA Cruises, as well as Spanish cruise operator Ibero Cruises.
“Pier has developed Costa into a very successful and profitable organization and we wish to thank him for his many years of dedicated service. At the same time, Michael has done a superbjob managing AIDA Cruises and we have every confidence that Michael will continue these efforts at the helm of Costa,” Arison added.
Pier Foschi joined Costa in 1997 and has been a chairman of the board since 2000.
Source: Carnival Corp.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises