Last night a crew member was airlifted off Carnival Miracle, 290 miles off the coast of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. A 39-year old crew member was complaining of abdominal pains and the ship phoned in for medevac service at approx 6:30pm.
Air crews from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City, N.C, launched a MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter and a HC-130 Hercules aircraft.
The Hercules crew provided radio and air cover while the Jayhawk crew hoisted the crewmember and took him to Pitt County Memorial Hospital in Greenville, N.C.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review