MSC Cruises and Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy celebrated a milestone today with the coin ceremony for MSC Seaview. The ship is the third next-gen mega cruise ship that will enter service under the company’s ten year investment plan through 2026.
The coin ceremony for a vessel takes place when its keel is laid, in the early stages of the construction process. Tradition says that two long-standing employees representing the shipyard and the ship owner act as godmothers for the ceremony, placing two coins under the new ship’s keel block as a sign of good fortune and blessing. Michela Bullo from Fincantieri and Loredana Giammusso from MSC had the honor of performing the task today.
Seaview will be the highlight of next year for MSC Cruises, as she will begin sailing in June 2018 in the western Mediterranean for her first summer season. Then, the 5,179-guest capacity ship will continue to Brazil in November. She will be the second of two sister ships in the Seaside generation to be built by Fincantieri. Sister ship MSC Seaside is set to enter service later this year, and will be christened in her homeport of Miami.
For more information on MSC Seaview, click here.
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
- Disney Wish Tour: The Images That Will Leave You Breathless
- Azamara Announces New Onboard ‘Destination Celebration’ Events
DESTINATIONS4 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]