To go along with breast cancer prevention month, Costa Cruises has announced a series of activities from now to the end of the month. They will be onboard its ships that are deployed in the Mediterranean – nine in total. The initiatives are in support of the “Pink is Good” project by the Fondazione Umberto Veronesi, which has always been front and center with efforts to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Thanks to the fundraising by Costa, guests will be able to contribute by helping fund a scholarship for a deserving young Italian researcher. An information campaign will also be conducted onboard to convey the mission and values of the project.
Pink hues will set the tone around the ships, which is (obviously) the color of the campaign. Special events will include:
- Pink Day where guests can make their own donations to the cause and help advance research. For example, they can buy a non-alcoholic pink cocktail or pink mask in preparation for the “Notte in Maschera” (costume party soirée).
- A Marathon on the external decks of the ships. Runners can purchase race bibs onboard to support the foundation.
- Souvenir Portraits will be taken onboard and printed with a pink frame during the “Pink” events. Guests can buy them later on, with proceeds going to scientific research.
Breast cancer prevention month will provide a chance for Costa guests to learn about the related issues. A video will be broadcast in the cabins with details about the “Pink is Good” campaign, accompanied by a study pack and schedule of all related events onboard. Travelers will also be able to take part in drawing and painting activities designed to convey the messages and values of the campaign.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021