To go along with breast cancer prevention month, Costa Cruises has announced a series of activities from now to the end of the month. They will be onboard its ships that are deployed in the Mediterranean – nine in total. The initiatives are in support of the “Pink is Good” project by the Fondazione Umberto Veronesi, which has always been front and center with efforts to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Thanks to the fundraising by Costa, guests will be able to contribute by helping fund a scholarship for a deserving young Italian researcher. An information campaign will also be conducted onboard to convey the mission and values of the project.
Pink hues will set the tone around the ships, which is (obviously) the color of the campaign. Special events will include:
- Pink Day where guests can make their own donations to the cause and help advance research. For example, they can buy a non-alcoholic pink cocktail or pink mask in preparation for the “Notte in Maschera” (costume party soirée).
- A Marathon on the external decks of the ships. Runners can purchase race bibs onboard to support the foundation.
- Souvenir Portraits will be taken onboard and printed with a pink frame during the “Pink” events. Guests can buy them later on, with proceeds going to scientific research.
Breast cancer prevention month will provide a chance for Costa guests to learn about the related issues. A video will be broadcast in the cabins with details about the “Pink is Good” campaign, accompanied by a study pack and schedule of all related events onboard. Travelers will also be able to take part in drawing and painting activities designed to convey the messages and values of the campaign.
- Two Cruise Lines Extend Australia Pause Into 2022
- Report: Surprises From the CDC’s Updated Conditional Sailing Order
- Cruise News Today — October 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship