More details were released today on Costa Cruises latest build. The 114,500 ton and 3,800-passenger Costa Fascinosa, the 16th ship in the Costa Cruises fleet, which is currently being fitted out in Italy at Fincantieri’s Marghera shipyard, is set to debut May 2, 2012.
The new ship boasts a lot of features including:
- Bow to stern WiFi along with a Digi mobile programing allowing guests to use smart-devices and TV’s to book excursions and services.
- The finest Italian and international cuisine at five restaurants: the à la carte Club restaurant, the Samsara wellness eatery, the self-service buffet with dishes typical of the places visited during the cruise and traditional Mediterranean delicacies in the two main restaurants.
- The Samsara Spa, one of the largest wellness centers ever built on a cruise ship, extending over 19,680 square feet, and offering a range of exclusive services and treatments with state of the art gym facilities.
- Open-air Aqua Park water park playground with its pirate galleon, castle and waterslide for the kids.
- The aft Lido, which is dedicated to the classic movie Gone With the Wind, features 3,280 square feet devoted to relaxation and entertainment, with raised whirlpool tubs overlooking the sea, waterfalls and other attractions. Meanwhile, the al fresco Blue Moon Lido has a sliding glass roof and a giant 60-square-foot movie screen showing films and videos.
- The Playground, the Nuovomondo 4D Cinema is a guaranteed crowd pleaser for children and adults with screenings that arouse all five senses. Video gamers will head for the virtual reality of PlayStation with the latest product releases.
- Strict environmental standards like shore-side power hook-up and an on-board recycling plant.
Costa Fascinosa’s 11-night inaugural cruise sails from Venice May 11, bound for Bari, Italy; Corfu; Haifa, Israel; Izmir, Turkey, and Dubrovnik. From May 21 through Nov. 30, 2012,
Costa Fascinosa will operate seven-night cruises departing from Venice on Mondays and Bari on Tuesdays to Olympia, Santorini and Rhodes, Greece, and Dubrovnik.
Source: Costa Cruises
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia
- Cruise News Today — January 14, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Sunshine Resumes Cruises From Charleston
- Viking Neptune Floated Out at the Shipyard in Italy
- Royal Caribbean Further Extends Cruise With Confidence Program