Costa Cruises will launch a unique on-board designer boutique concept in Asia May 18, 2012, on board Costa Victoria. As part of Costa’s “Italy at Sea” theme for that market, Costa will be the first line in Asia to offer shipboard designer fashion boutiques selling top brands at duty-free prices.
Beginning May 18 the 75,200-ton, 2,394-guest Costa Victoria will depart on four- to seven-night cruises from the new Shanghai Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal with calls at ports in Japan and South Korea.
Costa Victoria adds a new twist to the Asian cruise market with on-board luxury boutique shopping, said Buhdy Bok, vice president, Pacific Asia and China for Costa. There is a large array of high-end fashion stores and boutiques, plus there will be a fashion show modeling on-board wares. We are thrilled to be able to bring the new program on Costa Victoria to Asia and we are excited at how this fashion cruise experience will be received by our Asian guests.
Costa Cruises was the first international cruise company to enter the China market, and the line has used that experience to create a customized product on Costa Victoria. The one-of-a-kind boutique area will appeal to discerning guests, fashionistas and bargain hunters alike. Four fashion boutiques will sell duty-free Gucci accessories, Longines watches, name-brand cosmetics and fine leather goods. Other shipboard stores will offer some of the world’s most desired brands of cosmetics, watches, sunglasses and accessories as well as liquor and tobacco.
Source/photo: Costa Cruises
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review