Costa Cruises, along with their partner Barilla will pay tribute to pasta fleetwide for World Pasta Day on October 25. Established in 1998, World Pasta Day will be given a starring role on Costa’s ships to mark the special occasion.
The cruise line will serve creations from two famous chefs from the “Pasta World Championship” by Academia Barilla. Chef Melissa Kelly offers rigatoni with sausage, ricotta, and fresh sweet tomato sauce. Chef Daniel Evangelista joins western and eastern cuisines with vermicelli in a sauce of mussels and nettles with a scent of orange.
Foodies will also have the chance to learn how to make Kelly’s recipe during a cooking demonstration with Costa’s onboard chefs, and try their hand at making “Gioielli di Pasta” (pasta jewels). Kids can also take part in World Pasta Day by joining in on the Pasta Salad Contest, and Pasta Creations where they can express their imagination through food.
Pasta lovers won’t just be able to celebrate the beloved food just during World Pasta Day on Costa’s ships, either. For the rest of the year, there will be special “Pasta in Festa” days held on every Costa cruises for almost a year, where guests can sample recipes inspired by Italian regional traditions.
- Two Cruise Lines Extend Australia Pause Into 2022
- Report: Surprises From the CDC’s Updated Conditional Sailing Order
- Cruise News Today — October 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship