Today, Costa Cruises’ Costa Luminosa sets sail on quite a special cruise from Savona, Italy. It will transport travelers on a 108-day voyager around the globe, crossing three oceans and stopping in dozens of ports. She will return to Savona on April 24.
Over 2,000 guests will call the Luminosa their home for the next three and a half months. The nationalities and ages represented are quite diverse, the oldest is a 91-year-old from Germany, and the youngest is a 2-year-old toddler from Norway. There are over 36 nationalities represented, but the majority are represented by Italy, Germany, France, Spain, and Switzerland.
The voyage will make longer stops in some interesting ports, including Valparaiso, Chile; Papeete, Tahiti; Auckland, New Zealand; Sydney, Australia; and Dubai, U.A.E. That will give guests a chance to become a little more immersed in the cultures and sights of those special locations.
The next Around-the-World cruise will depart Savona aboard Costa Luminosa September 2, sailing a 98-day global itinerary.
To see where the ship is at any given time during the voyage, you can head over to costacruise.com and check out their two live webcams installed onboard.
Featured photo courtesy of Wikipedia.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021