Today, Costa Cruises’ Costa Luminosa sets sail on quite a special cruise from Savona, Italy. It will transport travelers on a 108-day voyager around the globe, crossing three oceans and stopping in dozens of ports. She will return to Savona on April 24.
Over 2,000 guests will call the Luminosa their home for the next three and a half months. The nationalities and ages represented are quite diverse, the oldest is a 91-year-old from Germany, and the youngest is a 2-year-old toddler from Norway. There are over 36 nationalities represented, but the majority are represented by Italy, Germany, France, Spain, and Switzerland.
The voyage will make longer stops in some interesting ports, including Valparaiso, Chile; Papeete, Tahiti; Auckland, New Zealand; Sydney, Australia; and Dubai, U.A.E. That will give guests a chance to become a little more immersed in the cultures and sights of those special locations.
The next Around-the-World cruise will depart Savona aboard Costa Luminosa September 2, sailing a 98-day global itinerary.
To see where the ship is at any given time during the voyage, you can head over to costacruise.com and check out their two live webcams installed onboard.
Featured photo courtesy of Wikipedia.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review