Costa Cruises has chosen the design first that will create the interiors of two new 180,000 ton ships set to be delivered in 2019 and 2021. Adam Tihany of Tihany Design will serve as creative director overall, and Jeffrey Beers International, Partner Ship Design, and Rockwell Group were chosen to create the interior designs for the upcoming “green” ships.
Each of the chosen firms have extensive experience in the international hospitality design world, for projects like hotels, restaurants, and public spaces. The team will craft a design concept that will build on the history and tradition of the brand, and integrate their “Italy’s Finest” philosophy.
AWK, a sister company of Partner Ship Design, will serve as coordinating architect, working closely with Meyer Turku Shipyard and the design teams. Partner Ship Design will head designing two restaurants and several bars, as well as sun decks and pool areas. Jeffrey Beers will design the casino, along with some restaurants and bars.
Rockwell Group will create designs for several areas of the ship as well, including the three-story atrium with a café, bars, and a performance space, several restaurants, a theater and nightclub, beach club and pool, the shore excursion office and gallery, and kids and teens spaces.
The staterooms, as well as their hallways and staircases will be developed by DordoniArchitetti, which will bring a special touch of Italian design to the spaces. The firm will also develop the gym and Japanese restaurant.
The new Costa ships will be powered by Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). They, along with two new ships for AIDA Cruises, two for Carnival Cruise Line, and one for P&O, will be build at the Meyer shipyard in Finland. The Costa and Carnival ships will be over 180,000 gross tons, and the AIDA and P&O ships will be 135,500 tons.
- The Rule Change That Could Save Alaska’s 2021 Cruise Season
- Royal Caribbean Makes Changes to Winter 2021/2022 Cruise Schedule
- Impressive Timelapse of New Cruise Ship Being Built [VIDEO]
- Kicked Off Ship: Cruiser Who Ignored Excursion Rules Sent Packing
- Judge’s Ruling Clears Path For Carnival December 1 Sailing
- Travel During A Pandemic: Visiting Disney Springs
- Cruise Podcast: How To Buy A Room On A Cruise Ship + News
- 21 Haunting Images From a Cruise Ship Scrapyard [PHOTOS]
- New Cruise Ship Will Literally Change the Air You Breathe
- First Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship to Sail Gives Glimpse of New Normal
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship to Sail Gives Glimpse of New Normal
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
21 Haunting Images From a Cruise Ship Scrapyard [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Sea Of Plenty: Six Holland America Ships Offer 2021 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Judge’s Ruling Clears Path For Carnival December 1 Sailing