The Italian-flagged cruise line Costa Cruises placed in the top five of two USA Today Readers’ Choice Awards, including a runner-up placement for Costa Deliziosa in “Best Cruise Ship for Entertainment.” The cruise line also placed fourth out of ten in “Best Ocean Cruise Line,” which is an overall category and is very good to place high in. The general manager of Costa Cruises North America, Ruben Perez, notes that one reason for this is because their ships provide an Italian ambience that sets them apart.
With the cruise line’s new “Happiness Squared” and “Italy’s Finest” initiatives, Costa has seen a lot of overhauls to their entertainment and culinary choices. This includes new menus by chefs Fabio Cucchelli and Bruno Barbieri, and partnerships with the pasta brand Barilla, coffee brand Illy Caffé, and Ferrari, bringing popular wines from northern Italy to bars across the fleet.
Themed parties onboard Costa’s ships actually nod to Italian customs, too. For example,the La Notte in Maschera party nods to the masked Venetian carnival, and La Notte Bianca is based after a white night festival. In bars, guests can enjoy the equivalent of America’s “happy hour,” aperitivo.
Costa Deliziosa, the newest ship in the fleet to be home-ported in the US, offers all of these exciting entertainment options. It features four restaurants, eleven bars, three pools, a dance club, a split-level theater, a 4D cinema, Grand Prix simulators, and a casino. For kids, the ship’s Squok Club includes an array of activities from treasure hunts to ice cream parties and more.
Costa Deliziosa is currently sailing 10-night itineraries from Port Everglades to the Caribbean. It is calling in Nassau or Freeport, Amber Cove, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Cozumel or Costa Maya.
To learn more, visit costacruise.com.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies