Exactly a month after the Costa Concordia sank off the Tuscan Coast, the cruise line has scheduled a moment of silence.
This was the note in my cabin tonight after dinner:
We inform you that tomorrow, February the 13th 2012 at Noon there will be a one minute’s moment of silence in memory of the victims of the accident that occurred one month ago onboard Costa Concordia.
Captain Paolo Viscafe will announce the beginning of the silence over the loudspeaker.
We thank you for your participation.
Video from moment of silence:
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review 
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants