Princess Cruises is pairing gourmet small dishes inspired by pub favorites with craft beers, cocktails and wines with the debut of The Salty Dog Gastropub aboard Crown Princess.
Presented within the Wheelhouse Bar nightly, in refreshed surroundings and live entertainment, guests will choose three small plates from The Salty Dog Gastropub menu featuring new twists on classic pub dishes.
- Pale Ale Pork Cheeks
- Spicy Stout Short Ribs
- Wild Mushroom Sauté
- Lobster Mac & Cheese
- Among other delicious options
The pièce de résistance is “The Ernesto” burger from Chef Uchimura – rib eye and short rib beef patty, grilled pork belly, caramelized kimchi, beer battered jalapeño, charred onion aioli, topped with cave aged gruyere cheese.
A food charge of $19 per guest applies.
New Whiskey Bar Menu
Adjacent to The Salty Dog Gastropub, also in the Wheelhouse Bar, is an expansive new, international whiskey bar menu, featuring some of the best Scotch whiskeys, American Bourbons and international whiskeys from areas including Japan, Ireland and Australia. Offerings include Johnny Walker Blue, Bakery Hill Classic (Australia), Connemara Whiskey Irish Cask (Ireland) and Hakushu 12 year (Japan) The menu offers daily specialized whiskey flights, allowing guests the opportunity to taste and compare selections around the world.
The Salty Dog Gastropub and new international whiskey menu, both available in the Wheelhouse Bar, have just launched aboard Crown Princess, and will be onboard Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess in mid-December.
The whisky menu will also be available in the Wheelhouse Bar aboard Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess, Diamond Princessand Golden Princess by the end of 2015, and aboard all ships with the exception of Pacific Princess by the summer of 2016.
Source: Princess Cruises
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant