Costa Cruises celebrates their 65th anniversary today, which is 65 years to the day since the first cruise ship, Anna C, departed from Genoa, Italy to South America with 768 passengers. That voyage made Costa Cruises history.
“Over the course of nearly seven decades, Costa Cruises has created a unique and popular style of cruising that appeals to consumers who enjoy a sophisticated, international experience,” said Ruben Perez, general manager of Costa Cruises North America. “We look forward to delivering Costa’s extraordinary value and memorable moments for many decades to come.”
Today also marks the beginning of a series of special initiatives to be launched throughout the year. The 65th anniversary will be celebrated on all 14 ships of the fleet, all over the world — in the Mediterranean, Asia, the Caribbean, South America and the United Arab Emirates and Oman. Onboard anniversary events and activities for guests will include cocktail parties, special shows, gala dinners, commemorative postcards and souvenir photos. Some ports where Costa ships will call that day — from Buenos Aires to Shanghai — will be decked out in festive anniversary decorations.
The cruise company is based in Italy.
Subscribe to our Cruise Updates.
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review 
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants