Recently before doing a cruise on Norwegian Breakaway we had the opportunity to stay at the InterContinental New York Times Square in midtown Manhattan. This 36th story, 607 room hotel has amazing views of Manhattan and the Hudson.
How do we get there?
If you are flying into New York City you can hire a driver, get a cab or take the metro to the hotel. The metro station at the 42nd stop is connected to the hotel and is really convenient.
We had an early flight into NYC on our check-in day so we went straight to the hotel, arriving around 10:30am. From the front door staff to the check-in desk – everyone was very accommodating. They checked our bags and took our phone number so they could call me when the room was ready.
The accommodations were very nice. Plenty of storage in the room, very comfortable bedding, a nice long work area and plenty of plugs to charge up the phone, laptop and cameras. We were on the 20th floor and it gave stunning views of the city and the harbor.
What is close?
The hotel was very close to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. I walked to it a couple times during the stay but the final morning of embarkation we took a cab because the weather was getting warm and we had a lot of gear to roll on the ship.
Celebrity Chef Todd English has his own eatery on property called “Ca Va”, a French bistro with a great selection of food and a full-service bar. If French cuisine isn’t for you, there are plenty of diners and restaurants within walking distance.
Lots of theaters! This hotel is walking distance from 39 theaters and famous Hell’s Kitchen, known for trendy bars and great affordable food. The metro station is connected to the hotel outside and you can access anywhere in the city for $2.50 via the metro.
Who is this hotels for?
- Cruise passengers wanting to stay in the city and close to the pier
Find out more info about this property and their seasonal saving visit the Intercontinental New York Times Square’s website.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review