During a recent webinar with travel advisors, Princess Cruises’ Vice President for North American Sales, John Chernesky, offered a sneak peek at the company’s east coast deployment for the 2021-2022 Caribbean cruise season.
Chernesky revealed that the line, part of the Carnival Corp and PLC family, would sail six ships in the Caribbean for the winter Caribbean season starting in late 2021.
Two of the newest ships in the fleet, Discovery Princess and Enchanted Princess, will join their sister ship Sky Princess, plus Caribbean Princess, Crown Princess and Island Princess sailing seven-night Eastern Caribbean itineraries, 10 to 14-night Southern Caribbean cruises and 14 to 21-night combination voyages.
East Coast Princess Cruise Deployments
- Caribbean Princess
- Crown Princess
- Discovery Princess
- Enchanted Princess
- Island Princess
- Sky Princess
Five of the six ships are Princess Medallion-Class, featuring the personalized fob device that allows passengers to access their stateroom, order and pay for food and drinks and locate friends and family on the ship.
Currently, only Island Princess does not have the Medallion class features.
An Increase From The 2020-2021 Caribbean Season
For the 2020-2021 Caribbean season, Princess intends to sail five ships in the Caribbean, with the addition of Discovery Princess in 2021/2022 marking a significant increase in potential capacity in the region.
As current events prompt cruisers to eschew airplane travel and look for getaways closer to home, combined with an expected increase in pent-up demand for a cruise in late 2021, the additional ship deployment in Florida versus Europe or another destination makes sense.
And if day-to-day life does not return to normal by late 2021 and cruise lines and ships are forced to sail with reduced capacity, the additional ship will open up more inventory.
- Carnival Cruise Line Forced to Cancel Two Horizon Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line’s John Heald on Increased Capacity, Pier-Side Testing, Football and More
- MSC Cruises Christens New Ship in Dubai
- Welcome Back: Another Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 29, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Key West Reopened to Cruise Ships Over Weekend, Restrictions Apply
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras