MTN Satellite Communications (MTN), the global provider of communications, connectivity and content services to remote locations around the world and Wireless Maritime Services (WMS), the world leader in cellular service to the cruise line and ferry industry,today announced unprecedented services to Carnival Cruise Lines’ newest ship, Carnival Breeze, during her first month in service.
Carnival leveraged the telecommunications expertise of MTN and WMS to deliver a “shore-side” experience to more than 4,000 passengers and nearly 1,800 crew members on each sailing.
MTN’s VSAT services exceeded the connectivity demands of the crew, passengers and corporate communications requirements during its inaugural month. Carnival Breeze also leveraged MTN’s Internet Café solution delivering access to passengers and crew on mobile devices such as tablets, smart phones and laptops as well as fixed PCs to stay connected while at sea.
During Carnival Breeze’s first month in service, WMS carried tens of thousands of voice calls to and from the ship.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021