Princess Cruises asked fans on Facebook to vote for the best on-board entertainment across the Princess Fleet. Then, Princess determined the five finalists that competed last week for the cruise line’s first-ever title of Entertainer of the Year on Ruby Princess’ April 8, 2012 sailing to the Eastern Caribbean. Passengers aboard Ruby Princess have voted, and have picked comedian Carlos Oscar as the first-ever Princess Cruises Entertainer of the Year. Five finalists performed aboard last week’s sailing and passengers cast their ballots onboard.
“Congratulations to Carlos on being voted our first-ever Entertainer of the Year,” said Martin Hall, vice president of entertainment. “All finalists did a fantastic job of entertaining Ruby Princess passengers, and they really showcased the variety and quality of the performers on Princess ships.”
Passengers sailing on Ruby Princess April 8-15 were able to see live performances from each finalist during the Entertainer of the Year cruise. The Entertainer of the Year cruise will become an annual event, with another sailing for next year to be announced at a later date.
In addition to performing aboard Princess ships, Oscar has appeared on “The Tonight Show,” HBO, Showtime and Comedy Central. According to Bill Cosby, “Carlos is a comedy treasure…the only four letter words you’ll hear from Carlos are debt, kids and help!”
As the winner, Oscar receives a cash prize of $5,000 and now holds the title of the line’s “2011 Entertainer of the Year.” Videos showcasing the Entertainer of the Year finalists and the winning moment are available on YouTube.
Chris Owen is a travel writer from Orlando Florida charged with sharing frank, inside information on cruise vacations with travelers. Certified a Master Cruise Counselor by the Cruise Lines International Association, Chris can be found via the popular travel blog, ChrisCruises.net and on the long-running cruise information website, YourCruiseDream.com.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mardi Gras Behind The Scenes: How Carnival’s First LNG Ship Fuels Up
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean President Defends ‘Complicated’ Vaccination Policies