Promoting the transatlantic relationship between the United States and United Kingdom, Cunard Line hosted guests aboard the line’s flagship Queen Mary 2 in New York for a lecture given by celebrated author Barry Singer on his newly published book, Churchill Style: The Art of Being Winston Churchill.
Cunard Line’s master of Queen Mary 2, Captain Kevin Oprey and Amanda Bowman, president of non-profit organization The TransAtlantic Bridge, introduced Edwina Sandys, the granddaughter of Sir Winston Churchill who also attended and spoke to the group.
“Cunard is pleased to have collaborated with The TransAtlantic Bridge on this very special event, celebrating the enduring relationship between the United States and Great Britain, and honoring Sir Winston Churchill in particular,” said Peter Shanks, president of Cunard Line. “Churchill credited Cunard Line with ending WWII one year early, and we are proud to preserve our unique history with one of the world’s greatest leaders. In fact, we pay tribute to him on all of our ships with dedicated venues in his name.”
Singer’s new biography details Churchill’s private life and extravagant style outside the world of politics, featuring scores of never-before-published photographs, illustrations and documents from the Churchill family archives.
Chris Owen is a travel writer from Orlando Florida charged with sharing frank, inside information on cruise vacations with travelers. Certified a Master Cruise Counselor by the Cruise Lines International Association, Chris can be found via the popular travel blog, ChrisCruises.net and on the long-running cruise information website, YourCruiseDream.com.
- Two Cruise Lines Extend Australia Pause Into 2022
- Report: Surprises From the CDC’s Updated Conditional Sailing Order
- Cruise News Today — October 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship