Carnival is bringing back their juiced-up version of the Military Discount that they offer on every ship and every sailing. (see details below) Far from sailing, it usually is down at the bottom of pricing options, about a step higher than the Early Saver Fare, guaranteed to be lowest by the cruise line.
Royal Caribbean International and Norwegian Cruise Lines also offer a military discount but it is more on the lines of a Senior discount or Resident discount, one aimed at filling unsold berths. You won’t find it far in advance of sailing , more close-in and not as generous. Still, the effort is noted and appreciated.
Princess cruises is in the game on all ships, all sailings too with an onboard credit program for active and retired military personnel. With Princess’ program get an onboard credit ranging from $50 to $250 per stateroom, depending on the length of the cruise and is open to both United States and Canadian forces. A recent post on Princess’ new blog, 50 Essential Experiences, by Princess President and CEO Alan Buckelew prompted the line to action.
As mentioned earlier, Carnival Cruise Lines is honoring Memorial Day by offering a promotion throughout May that allows active and former military personnel to book up to three “Fun Ship” staterooms at discounted rates for themselves and their friends and family members.
Here’s the details you need to know:
- Reservations must be made between May 1-31, 2012, to qualify for this special offer, which is available in conjunction with a variety of three- to eight-day “Fun Ship” departures through April 30, 2014, including voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico and Europe.
- Voyages to the Caribbean, Bahamas and Mexico operate from 12 convenient year-round North American homeports along the east and west coasts and Gulf of Mexico. Europe cruises depart from Barcelona, Spain.
- The promotion is valid for individual bookings only. Military personnel must provide proof of service. Eligible military personnel must sail to take advantage of this offer. Certain other restrictions apply.
Photo Credit: Ian Sane via Compfight
- Cruise line hits 40 and we look back(chriscruises.net)
- Cruise sales heat up, if we play them right(cruiseradio.net)
- Escape Completely with a discount, a catch and confidence(chriscruises.net)
- Cruise line stock = on-board credit for many(chriscruises.net)
- Carnival ships on the move(chriscruises.net)
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]