What the cost on convenience? Up to $7.95 if you’re cruising on two Norwegian ships in the near future. This first read on TravelPulse.com.
As part of a test and pilot program, Norwegian Cruise Line will now add a surcharge for room service aboard Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway – all other Norwegian ships are still offering it complimentary.
- $7.95 – Norwegian Breakaway
- $4.94 – Norwegian Getaway
- Complimentary – all other Norwegian ships
- Room Service orders placed by guests sailing in Suites and The Haven will not be charged
Details (per website)
Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed.
The cost isn’t anything terribly new for Norwegian. For years Norwegian has charged a $3.95 surcharge for late night deliveries between midnight to 5am. In 2011, Norwegian started delivering 16” pizzas anywhere on the ship for $5.
Personally, I’d rather pay the delivery fee than fight the crowd for breakfast in the morning, especially on a sea day. This isn’t the first cruise line adding a delivery surcharge, Royal Caribbean also does.
The program won’t be for everyone but that’s what Freestyle Cruising is all about – doing what you want, when you want.
What are your thoughts?
Photo: Norwegian Cruise Line
- Second Carnival Corporation Vessel Sold Amid Cruise Shutdown
- Norwegian Cruise Line CEO Answers Burning Carnival Question
- Best & Worst Cruise News Of 2020 (So Far)
- Carnival Mardi Gras Delayed Until 2021, Radiance Project On Hold
- Competing Cruise Lines Join Forces To Develop Healthy Protocols
- New EU Cruise Guidelines Suggest Masks, Avoid Buffets, More
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 28, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Exec Puts Buffet Rumors “To Rest”
- Cruise Podcast: Previewing Ship Casinos
- The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Mardi Gras Delayed Until 2021, Radiance Project On Hold
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
New EU Cruise Guidelines Suggest Masks, Avoid Buffets, More
CRUISE NEWS9 hours ago
Norwegian Cruise Line CEO Answers Burning Carnival Question
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Competing Cruise Lines Join Forces To Develop Healthy Protocols