What the cost on convenience? Up to $7.95 if you’re cruising on two Norwegian ships in the near future. This first read on TravelPulse.com.
As part of a test and pilot program, Norwegian Cruise Line will now add a surcharge for room service aboard Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway – all other Norwegian ships are still offering it complimentary.
- $7.95 – Norwegian Breakaway
- $4.94 – Norwegian Getaway
- Complimentary – all other Norwegian ships
- Room Service orders placed by guests sailing in Suites and The Haven will not be charged
Details (per website)
Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed.
The cost isn’t anything terribly new for Norwegian. For years Norwegian has charged a $3.95 surcharge for late night deliveries between midnight to 5am. In 2011, Norwegian started delivering 16” pizzas anywhere on the ship for $5.
Personally, I’d rather pay the delivery fee than fight the crowd for breakfast in the morning, especially on a sea day. This isn’t the first cruise line adding a delivery surcharge, Royal Caribbean also does.
The program won’t be for everyone but that’s what Freestyle Cruising is all about – doing what you want, when you want.
What are your thoughts?
Photo: Norwegian Cruise Line
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]