What the cost on convenience? Up to $7.95 if you’re cruising on two Norwegian ships in the near future. This first read on TravelPulse.com.
As part of a test and pilot program, Norwegian Cruise Line will now add a surcharge for room service aboard Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway – all other Norwegian ships are still offering it complimentary.
- $7.95 – Norwegian Breakaway
- $4.94 – Norwegian Getaway
- Complimentary – all other Norwegian ships
- Room Service orders placed by guests sailing in Suites and The Haven will not be charged
Details (per website)
Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed.
The cost isn’t anything terribly new for Norwegian. For years Norwegian has charged a $3.95 surcharge for late night deliveries between midnight to 5am. In 2011, Norwegian started delivering 16” pizzas anywhere on the ship for $5.
Personally, I’d rather pay the delivery fee than fight the crowd for breakfast in the morning, especially on a sea day. This isn’t the first cruise line adding a delivery surcharge, Royal Caribbean also does.
The program won’t be for everyone but that’s what Freestyle Cruising is all about – doing what you want, when you want.
What are your thoughts?
Photo: Norwegian Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruise Guests React To New Loyalty Gift
- Missing Cruise Workers Cause Major Rule Change
- Princess Cruises Takes Delivery of Sky Princess
- Why You Should Attend Carnival’s Military Appreciation Gathering
- Royal Caribbean Passenger Kicked Off Ship For Dangerous Selfie
- Top Ways to Take Your Cruise to the Next Level
- Post-Cruise Depression: The Struggle Is Real
- Cruise Podcast: Symphony of the Seas 2019 Review + News
- Why Carnival’s New Safety Video is A Game Changer
- Popular Royal Caribbean Ship Leaving Fleet
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean Passenger Kicked Off Ship For Dangerous Selfie
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Why Carnival’s New Safety Video is A Game Changer
EDITORIAL3 days ago
Post-Cruise Depression: The Struggle Is Real
CRUISE NEWS13 hours ago
Missing Cruise Workers Cause Major Rule Change
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Popular Royal Caribbean Ship Leaving Fleet
EDITORIAL1 day ago
Why You Should Attend Carnival’s Military Appreciation Gathering
EDITORIAL5 days ago
Why We Cruise Wednesday: Sunsets
EDITORIAL5 hours ago
Carnival Cruise Guests React To New Loyalty Gift