Cruise News Briefs — Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Royal Caribbean Cancels Through April 2021
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises have both pushed back their target resumption date, canceling sailings through April 30.
Celebrity has also axed the May 1 transatlantic cruise on Celebrity Apex, as well as May to October Europe and transatlantic cruises aboard Edge and Constellation.
Guests on impacted sailings now have three options: lift and shift their booking to a similar sailing next year, receive a future cruise credit, or get a refund.
This move comes on the heels of Carnival Cruise Line, which announced earlier this month that it was also canceling voyages through March 31.
Grand Cayman Says No Cruise Ships Through
The head of the Cayman Islands has stated that he doesn’t foresee cruise ships being allowed to dock in the island nation until 2022.
During a press Q&A, he said that quote “I think we would have to be satisfied that the world was in a very different place in terms of safety-related to the coronavirus, before we would even consider having the cruise ships come here.”
He added that “the cruise ship business is not really within our contemplation at this stage.”
Previously, Cayman authorities had extended their cruise ban through December 31, 2020.
MSC Cancels Further Sailings
MSC Cruises has also announced an extension to its operational pause, though this decision only affects their United States-based ships.
The line has canceled all cruises on MSC Meraviglia, Seaside, Divina, and Armonia through March 31, 2021.
Guests on affected cruises who have paid in full will receive a 125 percent future cruise credit. Those who instead want a refund can request one.
- RCL: 72.47 up ½ percent
- NCLH: 24.52 up 1.5 percent
- CCL: 20.13 flat
Cruise News Video
- Viking Begins Mediterranean Cruises From Malta
- Bimini Island Welcomes First Carnival Cruise Ship
- Disney Will Restart Cruises From Florida in August 2021
- St. Kitts Welcomes Its First Cruise Ship Since Industry Shutdown
- Disney Cruise Line Wants To Base Ship Year-Round At Port Everglades
- Celebrity Cruises Wins 12 Awards From ‘Wine Spectator’ Magazine
- MSC Seashore Kids’ Clubs, Activities Detailed Ahead of Debut
- Alaska Welcomes First Revenue Cruise In Nearly Two Years
- 16 Photos of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 
- Princess Cruises Announces Discovery Princess Leadership Team
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
18 New Cruise Ships Debuting in 2022
EDITORIAL3 days ago
Cruising Is Back… And So Are The Petty Complaints
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Cruise Lines Say Guests With Mixed Vaccines Aren’t Fully Vaccinated
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Says Over Half Its Cruise Ship Fleet Will Sail by Fall