Celebrity Edge Won’t Spend Summer in Europe
Instead of sailing in Europe as planned, Celebrity Edge will be spending this summer in the Caribbean.
From July to November, the ship will offer seven and eight night voyages from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. Sailings will be offered to both the eastern and western Caribbean.
Disney Cruise Line Cancels Sailings
Disney Cruise Line has now canceled all cruises through April 2021, as well as select sailings in May.
Voyages are canceled on Disney Fantasy through April 24, Dream through April 30, Magic through May 9, and Wonder through May 12.
Those who have paid in full will be offered a future cruise credit or refund.
Port Canaveral Doesn’t Think Cruises Will Resume This Spring
During a recent budget meeting, Port Canaveral CEO Captain John Murray stated that the port doesn’t believe cruise ships are likely to sail before July. He said that infections would need to decline and vaccinations will need to increase before the CDC will likely begin serious restart discussions.
Port Canaveral is currently home to ships from four cruise lines, and soon to be a fifth with MSC Cruises.
Closing Bell for Thursday, January 28, 2021
- Carnival Corporation (CCL): $19.74
- Royal Caribbean Group (RCL): $69.04
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH): $24.16
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
- Royal Caribbean President Defends ‘Complicated’ Vaccination Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida