Cruise News Briefs for Thursday, January 7, 2021.
Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Through March 31
Carnival Cruise Line has announced that it has canceled all sailings through March 31, 2021.
Carnival Brand Ambassador John Heald dropped the news on Wednesday morning.
Guests on impacted sailings will be able to choose between a Future Cruise Credit with free onboard credit, or opt for a full refund.
Two Carnival Brands Extend Cancellations
And going along with its sister company, two other Carnival Corporation brands also announced further suspensions on Wednesday.
Princess has now extended its pause to May 14, while Holland America has canceled all voyages through April 30 — and through mid-May for Alaska voyages.
Previously, both lines had paused operations through March 31.
Marco Polo Retires After 55 Years
One of the last surviving ships from the good ole days of ocean liners is headed to a scrapyard in India.
The 55-year-old ship Marco Polo sailed for the Baltic Shipping Company, Orient Lines, and most recently Cruise & Maritime Voyages before it succumbed to bankruptcy due to the pandemic.
The Marco Polo outlived the other four ships in its class by at least 15 years.
Closing Bell for Wednesday, January 6, 2021
- CCL (Carnival Corporation): $20.40 down 1%
- RCL (Royal Caribbean Group): $72.20 down 1/2%
- NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings): $24.33 up 1/2%
Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival President: Over Half The Fleet Will Sail By October