Cruise News Briefs for Thursday, January 7, 2021.
Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Through March 31
Carnival Cruise Line has announced that it has canceled all sailings through March 31, 2021.
Carnival Brand Ambassador John Heald dropped the news on Wednesday morning.
Guests on impacted sailings will be able to choose between a Future Cruise Credit with free onboard credit, or opt for a full refund.
Two Carnival Brands Extend Cancellations
And going along with its sister company, two other Carnival Corporation brands also announced further suspensions on Wednesday.
Princess has now extended its pause to May 14, while Holland America has canceled all voyages through April 30 — and through mid-May for Alaska voyages.
Previously, both lines had paused operations through March 31.
Marco Polo Retires After 55 Years
One of the last surviving ships from the good ole days of ocean liners is headed to a scrapyard in India.
The 55-year-old ship Marco Polo sailed for the Baltic Shipping Company, Orient Lines, and most recently Cruise & Maritime Voyages before it succumbed to bankruptcy due to the pandemic.
The Marco Polo outlived the other four ships in its class by at least 15 years.
Closing Bell for Wednesday, January 6, 2021
- CCL (Carnival Corporation): $20.40 down 1%
- RCL (Royal Caribbean Group): $72.20 down 1/2%
- NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings): $24.33 up 1/2%
Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies