Cruise News Briefs for Thursday, January 7, 2021.
Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Through March 31
Carnival Cruise Line has announced that it has canceled all sailings through March 31, 2021.
Carnival Brand Ambassador John Heald dropped the news on Wednesday morning.
Guests on impacted sailings will be able to choose between a Future Cruise Credit with free onboard credit, or opt for a full refund.
Two Carnival Brands Extend Cancellations
And going along with its sister company, two other Carnival Corporation brands also announced further suspensions on Wednesday.
Princess has now extended its pause to May 14, while Holland America has canceled all voyages through April 30 — and through mid-May for Alaska voyages.
Previously, both lines had paused operations through March 31.
Marco Polo Retires After 55 Years
One of the last surviving ships from the good ole days of ocean liners is headed to a scrapyard in India.
The 55-year-old ship Marco Polo sailed for the Baltic Shipping Company, Orient Lines, and most recently Cruise & Maritime Voyages before it succumbed to bankruptcy due to the pandemic.
The Marco Polo outlived the other four ships in its class by at least 15 years.
Closing Bell for Wednesday, January 6, 2021
- CCL (Carnival Corporation): $20.40 down 1%
- RCL (Royal Caribbean Group): $72.20 down 1/2%
- NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings): $24.33 up 1/2%
Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 10, 2021
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Begins Construction on Next Mega Cruise Ship
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter