1. MSC Cruises’ newest U.S.-based ship, MSC Seascape, was christened in Manhattan on Wednesday.
2. The debut of Carnival Jubilee, which was originally scheduled for October 2023, has now been pushed back due to shipyard delays.
3. Norwegian Cruise Line will soon be increasing its daily service charge by at least 20 percent for every stateroom category.
4. The world’s largest cruise ship, Royal Caribbean’s Icon of the Seas, was floated out at the Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland on Friday.
5. Nassau, Bahamas’ new $300 million cruise port area officially has a grand opening date.
Featured Article: Carnival Cruise Line Guest’s Tacky Request Leaves a Bad Taste in Our Mouths
In this week’s featured article, we highlight a Carnival guest’s tacky request concerning a missed port of call, and go over why we need to be grateful for the opportunity to cruise at all.
This Week’s Podcast: Why You Should Get Travel Insurance
On this week’s Cruise Radio episode, we highlight several reasons why you’ll want to get travel insurance for your cruise next year, and catch up on the latest cruise news.
Featured Video: Cruise News Today
This week’s featured YouTube video is the Cruise News Today from Friday, December 9th. Doug goes over Virgin Voyages taking delivery of its third ship, Disney Cruise Line announcing its early 2024 sailing schedule, and Port Canaveral welcoming its fourth homeporting Royal Caribbean vessel.