Welcome to the Cruise Radio News recap for the Week of November 7 to 13, 2021, where we bring you the latest cruise news, our weekly podcast, and a recent YouTube video.
1. Carnival Cruise Line has announced that the name of its next Excel-class ship will be Carnival Jubilee, in tribute to its former ship Jubilee. The line also revealed where the vessel will homeport when she debuts in 2023.
2. Royal Caribbean Group’s CEO Richard Fain revealed that he will be stepping down from his position effective January. The company’s current CFO, Jason Liberty, will take his place.
3. Princess Cruises has revealed details on its 2024 World Cruise, which will take place aboard Island Princess. The voyage will visit 51 destinations in 27 countries. Fares start at $21,079 per person.
4. Norwegian Cruise Line has opened up more sailings for booking from late 2023 through summer 2024. Highlights include Hawaii and Alaska “Fire and Ice” sailings, a two-week Mediterranean Christmas markets cruise, and seven-night Bermuda cruises with three days at the island.
5. Odyssey of the Seas’ godmother was named ahead of her christening ceremony this weekend. Bahamian paratriathlete Erin Brown was given the honor of naming the ship on Saturday in Port Everglades.
Featured Article: Trip Report, Day 1: Embarking Holland America’s Newest Cruise Ship
This past week, Doug sailed Rotterdam‘s debut five-night cruise to Bimini and Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. In his day 1 trip report, he details embarkation, his balcony cabin, the meals he had, and a must-see presentation on Holland America’s history.
This Week’s Podcast: Aboard Rotterdam
In this week’s episode of Cruise Radio, we chat with Holland America Line’s president about the line’s newest ship Rotterdam, and speak with brand ambassador Seth Wayne.
Featured Video: Majestic Princess Ship Tour
This week’s featured YouTube video is our tour of Princess Cruises’ ship Majestic Princess. We go deck-by-deck to show you the public areas the ship has to offer, and also detail our mini suite stateroom with balcony.