Disney to Require Passenger Vaccinations
Disney Cruise Line has announced that it will be requiring all passengers 12 and older to be vaccinated on sailings to the Bahamas starting September 3.
The news comes as the Bahamas has implemented the mandate due to a rise of cases in the country. The rule includes cruise line private islands such as Disney’s Castaway Cay.
Passengers under 12 must provide proof of a negative test taken prior to the cruise, as well as undergo another test at the terminal.
Impacted guests will be able to modify or cancel their sailing without any cancellation fees.
The Bahamas’ cruise passenger vaccine mandate is set to expire on November 1.
Federal Maritime Commissioner Talks About The Safety of Cruises
During an interview with CNBC, Federal Maritime Commissioner Louis Sola revealed that he feels safer on a cruise ship than on an airplane.
He also spoke about the relationship between the cruise industry and health officials, saying that “We also have a plan in place if we have a serious condition. We now have the ability to get that person off the ship immediately.”
The interview follows the latest guidance from the CDC encouraging at-risk passengers not to cruise, regardless of vaccination status.
Crystal Symphony Resumes Cruises
Another Crystal Cruises ship is officially back in service, as Crystal Symphony has set sail on the first in a series of four 7-night voyages from Boston to Bermuda.
Following those four sailings, the ship will move down to Manhattan to operate eight additional Bermuda cruises roundtrip starting September 24.
The ship is operating at a reduced capacity to allow for social distancing.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- A Picky Eater’s Guide to Dining on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras