Four Carnival Ships Set to Resume This Month
Carnival Cruise Line is set to resume sailings on four more ships this month.
Carnival Radiance is setting sail from Long Beach on December 13 after a major renovation that included a name change.
Other ships in the fleet that will be returning include Carnival Conquest, Liberty, and Sunshine, all from Miami. Carnival Liberty and Sunshine are returning to service earlier than originally scheduled so they can take over on sailings for Carnival Horizon, which is experiencing a propulsion issue.
With the addition of these four ships, Carnival will have 18 ships sailing with guests by the end of the year.
Committee in Key West Protests Arrival of Norwegian Dawn
The Key West Committee for Safer, Cleaner ships staged a protest at the island’s cruise port on Thursday.
Last year, Key West residents voted to restrict the number and size of cruise ships that visited its port, but the vote was overturned by Florida governor Ron DeSantis.
This week, those against large cruise ships docking in Key West showed up to protest the arrival of Norwegian Dawn, holding up signs that said “No Big Ships,” “Stop The Silt,” and “We Voted No.”
Despite the interruptions in the port area and from boats in the water, the ship was able to dock in Key West anyway.
Carnival Australia Extends Cruise Pause
And finally, Carnival Australia has extended its operational pause down under.
Cruises on the line’s two ships there, Carnival Splendor and Spirit, have been canceled through mid-April. Previously, sailings had been canceled until early March.
Passengers booked on affected sailings can choose between a future cruise credit with additional onboard credit or a full refund.
Watch Cruise Radio News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review 
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants